SWOF 2020 :- 23 May – 1 June – now in its 7th year
In order to protect the health and wellbeing of all participants, and in line with Government advice, we are sorry to say that we have cancelled the Selsey Walking and Outdoor Festival this year.
Everyone who has booked through TicketSource will be refunded by them. There may be a slight delay with this as they are processing a lot of cancellations.
We hope to return next year!
For those of you interested in the night skies, you might be interested in looking at the videos made by Dr John Mason from the South Downs Planetarium in Chichester. You can see them by clicking here
Welcome to SWOF 2020
Download the event programme here
We are back again with many new events along with your firm favourites in a programme suitable for all age groups. This year we will be running events in collaboration with the Weald and Downland Museum, the Novium Museum and Selsey Open Gardens.
The very popular Selsey Open Gardens will again feature in the programme.
Some of our other events are:
- Exploring the Selsey Tramway
- Fab Falconry – meet and hold the birds of prey and owls
- A whole day event learning and exploring Selsey’s marine ecology
- The Church Norton amble with included cream tea and visit to an organic garden
- An unusual historical participation event in Selsey hosted by the Weald and Downland Museum
- Explore the railway carriage houses around Selsey’s East Beach
- Explore Selsey’s history through its wonderful and historic buildings
- Tai Chi Chuan taster session
- Chichester City Walls trail to coincide with other Roman events in the city
- Discover why miners and shipbuilders come to Sidlesham in 1936 at the Sidlesham Heritage Trail walk
- Gentle cycle ride
We look forward to greeting you on one or more of the events and renewing friendships with past participants. The important thing, though, is that we always have fun.
You can contact us at:
Phone 01243 201616
or through our Facebook page: Selsey walking festival .
Our chosen organisations this year will be the Selsey First Responders and Selsey Marine Ecology Club, Mulberry Divers.
Please book the events you are interested in and note that places are limited on some events.
This is a chance to celebrate the amazing wildlife and stunning natural scenery of this unspoilt tip of the Manhood Peninsula. Situated close to the historic city of Chichester, Selsey offers close access to some of the top wildlife destinations on the South Coast. It lies at the heart of the RSPB nature reserves at Pagham Harbour and Medmerry and via a series of linked paths is only a stones-throw from the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty at Chichester Harbour.
An unspoilt fishing town, Selsey boasts a wealth of history and local character, which the walks planned during the week will help visitors and locals to explore. Selsey also boasts some of the finest diving in the UK which can be experienced on the ‘underwater walk’, whilst the flat terrain and designated off-road routes make the festival cycle ride a great family event.
We look forward to welcoming you soon.